logo logo

Believe in facts, not what has been said

Society

Azerbaijani writer: The Bucha massacre was organized by the West, Atlantic bloc, Great Britain, and the United States

Azerbaijani writer: The Bucha massacre was organized by the West, Atlantic bloc, Great Britain, and the United States

"Russia is interested in the objective investigation of the Bucha events. If someone opposes this, it means that he does not want an objective investigation of the incident. This is natural. The organizers of this event in Ukraine - the West, the Atlantic bloc, the United Kingdom, and the United States - of course, are not interested in an objective investigation of these issues."

The writer and translator Nadir Guliyev (Gojabayli) said this during the program broadcast on Baku-Khabar TV.

Fakt Yoxla examined whether Nadir Guliyev's claim about the organization of the massacre in Bucha was true.

(AP Photo/Felipe Dana, File)

The massacres in the Ukrainian city of Bucha, near Kyiv, began in early March. So, on March 4, The Kyiv Independent reported that Russian forces killed three civilians in a car returning from delivering food to a dog shelter.

An article published in The Guardian newspaper said that on March 5, at 7:15, two families trying to escape by car came under fire from the Russian Armed Forces near Chkalova Street. The man in the second car was killed, and the car in front came under machine-gun fire, killing two children and their mother.

As Russian troops withdrew from occupied settlements of the Kyiv region in early April, bodies of civilians were found in the town of Bucha, where heavy fighting has been raging for a long time.

The photos show people being killed, burned, and crushed by tanks in their cars. Some of the bodies were handcuffed and shot in the neck.

The BBC quoted Reuters as saying on April 3 that Bucha residents had been killed by Russian troops who had been occupying the city for a month.

The city's mayor, Anatoliy Fedoruk, told the Associated France Press by telephone that the bodies of 280 people had already been buried in mass graves.

In an interview with Reuters on April 3, Fedoruk said that the number of civilians killed was 300, and in a statement twenty days later, it was 412.

He said that these events were the result of the Russian occupation.

The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine shared images of Bucha on Twitter: “The Ukrainian city of Bucha was in the hands of Russians for several weeks. Local civilians were being executed arbitrarily, some with hands tied behind their backs, their bodies scattered in the streets of the city.”

Ukrainian Commissioner for Human Rights, Lyudmyla Denisova, told the BBC that a telephone helpline offering support had received at least 25 reports of rape of women and girls aged between 14 and 24 by Russian soldiers in Bucha.

She said Ukraine had evidence of "genocide of Ukrainian people" and of military crimes, adding that rape was "the new weapon" of Russian forces

The Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Irina Venediktova, said that the bodies of 410 civilians from the districts of the Kyiv region, liberated from the Russian army by April 4, were sent for forensic examination.

Venediktova said the bodies were even mined by Russian troops.

The President of the Council of Europe, Charles Michel, wrote on Twitter on April 3 in connection with the Bucha events that Moscow will face further EU sanctions.

Michel said he was shocked by the horrific scenes of atrocities committed by the Russian army.

US President Joe Biden called the Bucha events a "war crime" and called for the trial of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

On April 21, Human Rights Watch published an extensive report on the events in Bucha.

According to the report, from March 4 to 31, 2022, Russian forces committed a number of war crimes during the occupation of the town of Bucha, located about 30 kilometers northwest of the Ukrainian capital Kyiv.

Russian officials have denied the allegations regarding the Bucha incident, claiming that Ukraine provided false information about the incident. They described the images of the bodies as fake news from the West and a provocation by Ukrainian officials or a premeditated scene.

Pavel Gubarev, a serviceman of the Russian Armed Forces, who is said to be one of the well-known participants in the events in eastern Ukraine in 2014, confirmed in a post shared by his wife on April 4 this year that he was part of the Bucha battalion from March 2 to 31.

The screenshot was taken from Pavel Gubarev's VKontakte account.

Fakt Yoxla concludes that Nadir Guliyev's claim is Anti-Western Propaganda.

Propoganda
  • 16 May, 2022
  • 2513

Share this article

Check own fact
Contact us